Here are the most recent publications:
Attorney Robert Silverstein filed a lawsuit on August 28th, 2013. The lawsuit highlights aspect of this Millennium plan that should require the project to be sent back for an entirely new environmental study: Petition for Writ of Mandamus and Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief
Volunteers at StopTheMillenniumHollywood.org… Read the rest
Opponents Call for Neutral Panel of Experts to Study Quake Risks
Opponents of the Millennium Hollywood project today released secret emails that show the Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety (DBS) and the Millennium developer acknowledged behind closed doors that the Hollywood Earthquake Fault potentially crossed the property and that the State of California had officially mapped the active fault on or near the Millennium property.… Read the rest
With the State standing firm on their assessment of the likely seismic status under the entire Millennium Hollywood project, L.A. Times writers Rong-Gong Lin II, Rosanna Xia and Doug Smith interview powerful resources and accurately outline the issue.
The article says that the Millennium project has prompted the state to accelerate its study, and it hopes to have results by early 2014.… Read the rest
At the conclusion of the vote Councilman Krekorian attempted to exclude the appeal of Stop The Millennium from the administrative record.
He said that there wasn’t enough time to consider it so close to a scheduled vote.
In fact, it would violate CEQA law to exclude the appeal because the City is actually in violation of State law by having no procedural rules in place.… Read the rest
For Immediate Release
THE BIG QUESTION: WHAT’S THE RUSH???
The Los Angeles City Council is scheduled to take up the Millennium project tomorrow, Wednesday, July 24th. The council meeting starts at 10 a.m.
Opponents are expecting to show up in droves to fight the giant development project – one million square feet, costing three-quarters of a billion dollars.… Read the rest
STATE AGENCIES OPEN PROBE OF PROJECT’S GEOLOGISTS AND WARN OF QUAKE SAFETY RISK
A state licensing board has begun an investigation of alleged professional misconduct by two engineers for the Millennium Hollywood Project. The investigations are in response to a complaint filed by project foes that the engineers distorted their technical reports in order to hide the project’s close proximity to the Hollywood Earthquake Fault.… Read the rest
HOLLYWOOD’S CONTROVERSIAL MILLENNIUM PROJECT:
SURPRISING INFORMATION RAISES NEW RED FLAGS ABOUT THE PROJECT’S SAFETY
Opponents of the controversial Millennium Hollywood Project will hold a news conference Monday, July 22, to disclose new information that strengthens their complaints of shocking irregularities in LA City Hall’s review of the project and confirms their claims about the project’s life-threatening earthquake risks.… Read the rest
The two most important issues surrounding the Millennium Project are the danger from building over an active earthquake fault and the inadequacy of the traffic study to realistically evaluate the traffic impacts from all of the development that is being proposed in Hollywood. So far, the City Council has been closing their eyes to the full consequences of both these issues while riding a money-fueled juggernaut to approval of the project.… Read the rest
Sometime in the recent historic experience of Councilmember Englander, he must have visited a previous lifetime as a crack geologist. In the face of all the geological studies, he declared his absence of rational judgement before a hall full of community leaders.
After hearing our presentation of the damning evidence from the US Geological Survey, California Geological Survey and the two peer-reviewed geological studies showing that the southern strand of the Hollywood Fault is directly under the Millennium Project site, Councilman Englander had this to say:
“Regardless of the underlying geological and soil conditions, in fact, these faults and thresholds whether active or inactive in fact pose a significant risk to the entire city of Los Angeles.”… Read the rest
The following is being published by permission of the writer. Please read and send your own letters!
Dear Council members,
We are writing to express our great disappointment with the PLUM committee at the Millennium project hearing on Tuesday, Jun18.
Update: Appeal Hearing, June 18th at 2:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Room 340
Please see the links below to the flier and share with your friends and neighbors. Many don’t even know that this plan is on its way to their neighborhood!
The project is being appealed thanks to the donations of 40 groups and 6 neighborhood councils as well as countless individual’s.… Read the rest
The Appeal Hearing item on the massive Millennium Hollywood project was continued at the request of the developer! We should all attend on the new PLUM hearing scheduled for June 18th at 2:30 pm.
This hearing of the Planning and Land Use Management committee and the date of the City Council hearing on this development are scheduled only one day apart! … Read the rest
The appeal hearing is set. We understand that this hearing before the Los Angeles City Council’s Planning and Land Use Management Committee (PLUM) is likely to be our only chance to speak out against the Millennium Project! Your attendance is vital and will make a huge difference. Carpooling is being organized now.… Read the rest
The Hollywood Millennium proposed to be developed on 4.46 acres surrounding the Capital Records building will have the following impacts on the surrounding communities:
Create a development larger than the 950,000 sf Staples Center or the 850,000 sf LA Convention Center within 500 feet of Hollywood residential communities; 1,272,741 square feet
- Project would include 1,005 residential dwelling units (872 market-rate units and 133 senior affordable housing units) totaling approximately 1,256,974 square feet of residential floor area, approximately 30,176 square feet of commercial floor area (retail and restaurant uses),
- Erect 2-Towers – 35-feet tall west building and 46-feet tall east building and two 11-story buildings for seniors.
On April 29, 2013, CityWatchLA.com published an article by Jack Humphreville on the approved but controversial project called Millennium Hollywood. Jack tells it like it is, exposing the political landscape that allowed this project to pass the City Planning Commission. Read it for yourself and let us know what you think!… Read the rest
The 1.1 Million square foot Millennium Hollywood Project proposed to be developed on 4.4 acres surrounding the Capital Records building will have the following impacts on the surrounding communities:
- Create a development larger than the 950,000 sf Staples Center or the 850,000 sf LA Convention Center within 500 feet of Hollywood residential communities;
- Erect 2-Towers in excess of 50-stories (585 feet or taller) on top of 13-15 story base buildings creating 2-structures as tall or taller than the 54-story JWMarriot/Ritz-Carlton in Downtown LA, over 4x’s taller than the adjacent historic Capitol Records Building and 25-stories taller than any existing building or planned development in Hollywood;
- Produce 492 Condominium/Apartments, a 168,000 sf, 200-room Hotel/Conference facility, 240,000 sf of Office space, and 75,000 sf of retail space;
- Will generate 19,000 additional trips to and from the development on a daily basis;
- The subterranean and above ground parking structure will hold only 1,918 cars which, according to current parking codes this underparks the Project by 500 space without any provision for tourist, residential guest or employee parking;
- Traffic congestion at the intersections of Cahuenga/Franklin and Argyle/Franklin cannot be mitigated effectively to handle proposed Project traffic.